Historic center: Liberty Square

From time immemorial as shopping center of Kobrin served the city posad with the market (market) square in the middle sheltered at the southern wall of the ancient castle. Exactly here and on adjacent narrow small streets "trade action" was played. Today this area which lost value of the market since 1939 is called Svoboda Square. The extensive malls built in the middle of the 19th century on a market square burned down in an initial stage of occupation of Kobrin by troops of kayzerovsky Germany. The abundance of tile roofs was characteristic feature of building in the center that was evident to observant Konstantin Paustovsky who in a rank of the military hospital attendant visited Kobrin in the summer of 1915. The first floors of the two-storey buildings framing the area along with shops were occupied under hairdresser's, photographic institutions, shoe and sartorial workshops.

In the 1920th years on the place of the burned-down benches merchants restored shopping center. Pryamougolnaya Square contained up to one hundred small little shops of different function again. Shops and handicraft workshops occupied all first houses of nearby streets. Due to the construction in 1961 of garment factory (nowadays sewing firm "Lona") all this complex gradually was reconstructed and adapted to new appointment. In the architectural relation the former market square is a conglomerate of structures of different styles today. Their age — the 18-20th century of century. From them the oldest three buildings, they appear on the plan of 1798. These are the adjacent two-storeyed houses located in east part of the square adjacent to Pervomayskaya St. The first is a drugstore No. 17 (in the 20-30th of the 20th century — Shidlovsky's drugstore); the second — malls (at the beginning of the XX century there was mail, then — the first Illyuzion movie theater, after war of 1941-1945 — Recreation center with a cinema hall, to the middle of the 90th of the 20th century — Sputnik shop). The building following it occupies the Center of hygiene and epidemiology (TsGiE). In the 19th century it was adapted for congress of magistrates. The magistrate daily considered small civil and criminal cases, and the congress gathering as required in this two-storeyed building considered complaints of the Kobrinsko-Pruzhansky County. In the 1960th years the children's hospital was placed here.

The market square in to Kobrina once was main: since ancient times served as the brisk intersection of trade ways; heralds cried out government directives here, and city a vecha resolved important public questions. She saw execution of the adjudications collecting in old times of the numerous audience. B1939 of after reunion of the Western Belarus with BSSR in memory of that event the Market square began to be called Liberty Square.

In 1940 on it the monument to V. I. Lenin was established. In the very first days of the German occupation for intimidation of inhabitants Hitlerites placed padded Soviet tanks on the square and destroyed a monument. Also gallows on which executed our fellow citizens were soon installed. After exile from the city of fascist aggressors Lenin's sculpture took the former place, and the area served as the center of national meetings and demonstrations, now peace again.

Building of Liberty Square. On the place of the former market square of the ancient downtown. In the plan the area - an oblong rectangle in which center malls and Gostiny dvor were placed, and on perimeter - the residential and public buildings built at the end of 18 - the beginning of І9 century. The initial ensemble of the area is changed: in the 1920th malls are reconstructed, in 1961 in the center the three-storyed case of garment factory which occupied almost all territory of the former market and closed the southern part of malls is constructed. Houses (Lenin St., 15, 17, 19, 29; in the 1970th are reconstructed) are located on the red line of building and come to the square face facades which were treated as main. The original form and planning were kept by houses No. 7, 9, 12 and 13 on South side of the area. From public structures the building of a drugstore remained.

Building of malls. In the center of the area. It is constructed in 19 century of a brick on the place of wooden structures of 17 century. It is reconstructed in 20 century. One-storeyed, P-shaped in the plan, with the big economic yard and the adjoining two-storeyed hotel. Plasticity of a facade is emphasized by 2 projections with superficial niches finished by triangular pediments (in western and east parts) where there were congresses to the economic yard. Corners are strengthened by buttresses. Northern, east and partially western facades of malls remained. 

House No. 6. It is constructed at the end of 18 century of a brick. Two-storeyed volume represented the extended wrong quadrangle in the plan. It is reconstructed in 20 century. In the 1950th the 3rd floor is built on, internal planning is changed. The main face facade comes to the square. The plane of a facade is cut rhythmically through by rectangular window openings and decorated by 4 pilasters. The building is put on a high socle. The main entrance (from the main facade) is accented by a high porch with a ladder on both parties. Now the first floor is occupied by a drugstore. 

House No. 7. It is constructed at the end of 18 century of a brick as a vein, it was reconstructed in 20 century. Now here the trade institution is located. The two-storeyed rectangular building in the plan comes to the square a face facade, a complete attic, the planes of walls are cut through by rectangular window openings.

House No. 9. It is constructed at the end of 18 century of a brick as a vein, it was reconstructed in 20 century. The three-storyed rectangular building in the plan comes to the square the main face facade which is decorated by an eaves corbel and is finished by an attic. Regular planning of the area, architecture of residential and public buildings combine lines of classicism with baroque elements.

Photos

Building of Liberty Square. House No. 6

Building of Liberty Square

Building of Liberty Square

Building of Liberty Square

Building of Liberty Square

Building of Liberty Square

Building of Liberty Square

Building of Liberty Square

Building of Liberty Square

Building of Liberty Square

Building of Liberty Square 

Old photos

Building of Liberty Square. Houses No. 15, 17, 19 down the street Lenina

Svoboda Square. Former restaurant "Belarus"

Kobrin 1982. Liberty Square

Kobrin the 80th. Building of Liberty Square. Houses No. 15, 17, 19 down the street Lenina

Kobrin the 80th. Building of Liberty Square. House No. 6. A drugstore on steps

Arrangement on the card


Navigation





Search in the website







Our partners

hydra beauty официальный сайт