Village of Lyakhchitsa
Lyakhchitsa (Belarusian Lyakhchytsa, policy. Lyakhchycha) — the village in Kobrin district of the Brest region of Republic of Belarus. Is a part of the Hidrinsky Village Council. It is located in the west of Polesia in 15 km from Kobrin and 18 km from Divin.
The name of the village is formed from a dialectal word of "Pole" — not sowed field ("to lyashit" — means to sow). According to the national legend, the name comes from a name of pervoposelenets of the Pole, that is the Pole.
About the village silicon tips of an arrow and a spear are found. For the first time the village is mentioned in audit of the Kobrin economy made by the royal auditor Dmitry Sapegoy in 1563.
1563 — Lyakhchitsa — the village, 7 dragged lands, as a part of the Seletsky voytovstvo of Kobrin economy INCL. The same year the natural boundary Knyazhaya the mountain on which, according to the national legend, the princess Olga is buried is for the first time mentioned.
1795 After the 3rd section of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth as a part of the Russian Empire, in the Kobrin povet.
1801 — in the Grodno province.
1890 — Blotskaya (Bolotska's) village of the volost, 913 des. lands, in 1897 there were 38 yards, 268 inhabitants, there was a hlebozapasny shop.
Lyakhchitsa haymaking 1950th years
Vida Lyakhchits 1958-59
1905 — the village (367 inhabitants) and the estate of the same name (13 inhabitants).
1911 — the village totaled 318 inhabitants.
1921 — as a part of the II Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, in Blotskaya (Bolotskaya) to the gmena of the Kobrin povet of the Polesia voivodeship, 40 houses of 214 inhabitants.
1939 — in BSSR, since January 15, 1940 in Divinsky district of the Brest region, from October 12, 1940 to October 30, 1959 in the Verkholessky Village Council, since August 08, 1959 in Kobrin district as a part of which stays and until now.
1940 — the village contains 73 yards, 285 inhabitants, elementary school worked. In the Great Patriotic War of Lyakhchitsa are occupied by Germans from June, 1941 to July, 1944.
1949 — 32 economy united in collective farm of Michurin. Then together with the villages of Korchitsa, Hodynichi, Verkholesye and Olkhovka made collective farm "Victory". On census of 1959, in Lyakhchitsakh there were 211 inhabitants.
In 1970 — 253 inhabitants. In 1999 there were 72 economy, 204 inhabitants.
In 2004 collective farm "Victory Banner" was transformed to APO Radonezhsky with the center in the village of Korchitsa. In 2005 in Lyakhchitsakh there were 64 economy, 173 inhabitants. About the village there are two graves of the victims of fascism.
The coat of arms of the village represents a board in which silver field the female figure standing on an extremity of green color in dark red-azure clothes, a gold crown holding in the right hand a gold sword an edge down is represented. The coat of arms is officially approved by the decree of the president of Republic of Belarus No. 659 of December 2, 2008.
To the south of the village near the canalized Trostyanits's small river the natural boundary Knyazhaya the mountain is located. According to the local legend reflected below in the natural boundary there is a tomb of a certain princess Olga.
Long ago it was. The princess Olga passed here. There was it our, Russian … Once killed the husband it, Vladimir, and Olga went to be at war with enemies … Olga cunning won against enemies, having reforged at horses of a horseshoe on hoofs on the contrary. But for Dyvin there was a post, and from there soldiers caught up with it. At that time our mountain was above bogs, the wood on it was not. There the princess also stopped. At that time enemy troops came from the South, from Novoselok. On the mountain also found death Olga … There she was also buried. The grave was almost under top. Since then the mountain is also called the mountain Knyazhaya or the Princess. Long since on a grave there was a simple wooden cross, but, probably, at Bolsheviks it was removed …
The legend is connected with concrete historic facts. In 1287 the galitsko-Volynsk princes went hiking to Poland. The prince Vladimir Vasilkovich, seriously ill, sent instead of himself the voivode, and itself remained in Kamentsa. Very much suffering from the wound (at it the lower jaw decayed), he told Mstislav Danilovich Lutsky that he appoints him the successor. After a campaign Mstislav was called for signing of documents. The diploma in which to the wife of Vladimir Olga Romanovna the city of Kobrin and the village of Gorodel (Gorodets) was bequeathed was separately written. Besides, in the diploma the prince wrote down: "… and the princess my Auger will crave in chernich to go to poidet, Azhe will not crave for an ita, and Kako to it Ljubo to me without having risen smotret that who to mayet to repair on we wash a stomach". Besides the prince forced the successor to kiss a cross that it will not give the foster daughter Izyaslava against her will in marriage but only as Olga will want.
On December 10, 1288 Vladimir Vasilkovich died. Olga Romanovna on a funeral of the husband was with Izyaslava and with the sister of the husband nun Elena. Last time Olga is mentioned in the Ipatyevsky chronicle in March, 1289.
About the Knyazhy mountain there are written data in historical sources. In audit of Kobrin economy of 1563 it is written down: "Knyazhaya Gore, natural boundary of the village of Rukhovich". After Gore is present at the Russian cards of the 19th century and on the Polish began the XX centuries. At the end of the 19th century the archeologist F. V. Pokrovsky according to the priest wrote down: "village Habovichi … Blotskoy ox., Kobrin County. In 5 versts to the southwest from sat down to eat the small hill called in the people the mountain Knyazhaya. Is called so because here as if during fight some princess is killed".
Cross on Knyazhey Gore
Knyazhaya Gore exerted a great influence on development of the village of Lyakhchitsa and next the district. The chronicle about the events connected with the natural boundary was stored in Church of the Intercession of the village Habovichi which arrival enter Lyakhchitsa, and on July 24 "on Olga" the patronal temple feast day is celebrated. The female name Olga is very widespread in Lyakhchitsakh.
The decree of the President of Republic of Belarus of December 2, 2008 No. 659 founded official heraldic symbols of the village of Lyakhchitsa — the coat of arms and a flag on which the princess Olga is represented.
The solution of the Belarusian republican scientific and methodical are glad concerning historical and cultural heritage at the Ministry of Culture of Republic of Belarus of February 22, 2012 the decision to make the offer in Council of ministers of Republic of Belarus on giving of the status of historical and cultural value to toponymic object — to the name of the natural boundary of Knyazhaya Gore which is near the village of Lyakhchitsa of Kobrin district is made. It is the first toponym which is planned to be taken under protection of the state.
In 2011 — 72 yards, live in the village 155 people. The most widespread surnames Nazaruk and Borisyuk.