Kobrin district: village councils

Divinsky village council

The area of the Village Council makes 392,7 sq.km. Number of rural settlements ten: item Orekhovsky, village of Divin, of Lelikovo, of Lipovo, farm Shouting, Rukhovichi, Habovichi, of Kletyshche. Wasp, of Borisovk, of Perelesye.

Divinsky village council — the Village Council as a part of Kobrin district of the Brest region of Republic of Belarus. The Divinsky village council is located in the southern part of Kobrin district.

Emergence history

The administrative center of Council – Divin, is at distance of 30 km from the regional center. The village is for the first time mentioned in historical sources in 1466. In 1546 - the town, the center of the Divinsky volost of the Brest povet of Grand Duchy of Lithuania. In 1629 the grand duke Lithuanian Sigismund III confirmed the right of divinets for the weekly market on Thursdays. In 1642 Divin acquired the limited Magdebourg right from the grand duke Vladislav IV (Voight was appointed the king and the grand duke). In August, 1959 Divin became the village in Kobrin district. At the beginning of 2007 in the village there were 1453 buildings, and the population 3454 persons.

Despite economic difficulties in Divin there are various plants: the joint German plant of sewing, the plant making soft drinks, forestry. There is mail, the Belarusian bank, a bakery and a fire brigade. There is a hospital, three libraries, sports and art school. There is also a shelter for children.

There is a collective farm "Lyuban" where farmers grow up grain crops, potatoes, beet, flax and make milk and meat. The collective farm was organized at a meeting of villagers on October 31, 1949. It was called "Dawn". On September 4, 1949 the new name was given collective farm "New Life". There are various versions and legends by origin of the name of the village.

One of them says that this name comes from the Ukrainian words "Devin?" which means, "Where it"? The sense consists that long time the village was surrounded with the woods and bogs and it was very difficult to reach it.

Other legend says that the name of the village comes from the word "miracle" that means "surprise". But nobody is confident in it. Some historians think that the name of the village has an ancient origin. In Slavic pagan mythology of Dziv was evil creation which has an image of a bird who as it was supposed, lived in the big woods. And other historians allow a possibility of an origin of a name on behalf of the founder of the village.

Environment and resources

The territory of village council is located in a zone of Polesia, presented by the lake and alluvial lowland. In the geomorphological relation the territory is located in the western part of Polesia Lowland, within the Brest Polesia and belongs to the Mukhovetsky plain. Formation of the territory is connected with formation of the Brest hollow and on age belongs to the end of an oligocene. At this time the shape of a surface which left from under sea level was close to modern - though the relief constantly changed under the influence of the Alpine mountain building and the latest tectonic movements. Considerable part of the territory adjacent to the village - the area of a wide circulation of nadpoymenny terraces of an era of a Dnieper freezing. To the south of the center of the Village Council - the ploskovolnisty denudirovanny relief of this moraine in a zone of a Dnieper freezing and a gryadovo-morenny relief is allocated. Besides, across all territory dune and hilly eolovy forms of a relief meet. Across the Village Council territory in various direction the set of ancient hollows of a drain of thawed glacial snow is stretched. In general the territory represents the most difficult system of ancient hollows of a drain of various size and an orientation. In the southern part zatorfovanny erosive hollows are most expressed in a relief.

Absolute height of a terrestrial surface changes within 150-160 m here. Karst lakes with an oval hollow – Lyuban, Svinoreyka are dated for the lowered, often boggy sites. On water separate sites eolovy forms of a relief are widespread. In the neighborhood of the villages of Lelikovo, Divin there are small reserves of phosphorites. The field of peat – the Great Wood – is drained, is not developed – 217 hectares.

The climate is rather moderate and here warm which creates favorable conditions for development of agriculture. The vegetative period makes till 207 days. About 160 days temperature are above 10 °C. The average duration of winter makes about 132 days. The average amount of precipitation makes 540 mm a year. Snow thickness the 10-15th. About 69 days in a year the earth is covered with snow, but there are winters, when there is no snow in general.

The lake Lyuban - the lake in a river basin Mukhovets. Its area is equal to 1.83 sq.km 2.2 km and 1.4 km long wide, the small river of Litkovo, the Cossack channel. One say that the name of the lake comes from the word "Ljubo" - good, pleasant. And according to other version the name of the lake comes from the female name "Liouba" or "Love".

On one of coast of the lake there is a summer camp "Volna" where many children have a rest in the summer during summer vacation. In the southern part of the territory there is an average by the sizes the man-made lake which was formed on the place of peatery.

Locals call its "Galsky". It is called so in honor of the mountain behind which it is. This territory is a little visited local now as is in a border zone. It is possible to visit the lake, to fish, be bought only with the permission of border services. Around the lake there is a large number of meliorative channels, boggy sites.

Distribution of pochvoobrazuyushchy breeds in the territory of village council is connected with geomorphological zones. The main pochvoobrazuyushchy breeds are coherent, the friable, fine-grained sand or friable sandy sandy loams which are replaced from depth of 0,2 - 0,3 meters friable lake and alluvial sand, places at a depth of 1,5 - 2,0 meters spread by a moraine are more rare. Within the settlement the following main types of soils are allocated: cespitose and podsolic sandy, sandy soils; the cespitose and podsolic sandy and sandy soils which are bogged up temporary moistening; cespitose and podsolic and gley and gleevaty sandy and sandy soils; torfyanisto – both peat and gley low-lying type, and peat and marsh low-power and srednemoshchny soils.

Favorable agroclimatic conditions caused a variety of a vegetable cover which also influences formation of soils. The vegetable cover defines structure and conditions of disintegration of organic chemistry, humidity of soils. These factors caused formation of the following types of soils: peat and marsh low-lying, cespitose and podsolic gley.

Peat and marsh low-lying soils are formed as a result of remoistening by the mineralized ground or surface water. In such conditions accumulation of organic substance prevails over its disintegration, and as a result these soils are characterized by the high content of organic chemistry and nitrogen, mainly subacidic reaction, average and high extent of decomposition of peat. Big massifs of these soils are dated for a bog the Great Wood. Cespitose and podsolic gley soils are formed in the conditions of long periodic remoistening by surface or ground waters and in the majority are dated for a zagleivaniye – accumulation of oxides of iron. These soils are characterized by very low fertility that is connected with big acidity, poverty of elements for food of plants.

Villages are surrounded with the big woods. The most part of the woods is occupied with pines. There are also many birches, oaks, an alder and other trees. There are about 29 species of various mushrooms and berries: blackberry, cranberry, raspberries, red bilberry, black and red currants.

In the woods it is possible to meet boars, elks, wolves, foxes, hares, protein, roes, raccoons, minks, badgers and other animals. There are also snakes and lizards. There are such birds as black storks, cranes, owls, Egyptian vultures, black grouses, sandpipers, and other birds. In the territory of the Divinsky forest area rare and endangered species of the animals included in the Red List of RB are revealed: badger, black stork.

The wildlife area the Divin-Veliky Wood is created for preservation in natural state of one of characteristic fragments of the Dnieper and Bugsky marsh and carbonate and saline landscape and meliorative complex within which in forest island communities the largest of known in Belarus and beyond its limits of the place of growth of the most rare orchid – a lady's slipper of the present are revealed (yellow), and also other species of rare plants and animals.

About 85% of the district make the lesopokryty areas. The forest vegetation consists of a pushistoberezovy melkolesye with impurity of willows ashy and rozmarinolistny on zatorfovanny lowlands. The greatest scientific interest among floristic sights of the wildlife area is of orkhidny and, first of all a lady's slipper. By quantity the tsenopopulyatsy (about 50) this object has no analogs in Belarus and beyond its limits. Most often it meets in oak groves snytevy and krapivny. Besides, some other the rare and protected plants grows here: the hiding place is ovoid, a pyltsegolovnik red, a kokushnik long-horned, a censer Sarmatian, etc.

Now in the territory of the wildlife area dwelling of 167 species of land vertebrate animals among which there are 36 species of mammals, the 116th bird species, 5 - reptiles and 10 – Amphibia is established. The basis of teriokompleks in taxonomical and sredoobrazuyushchy value is made by small mammals (16 types).

For large forest types, such as a boar, an elk, a roe it is established that the area of the wildlife area "Divin – the Great wood" is of great importance. There pass ways of migration of these views from the North on the South and in the opposite direction. This way (an ecological corridor) remained the only thing in strongly developed territories of the Brest, Zhabinkovsky, Kobrin and Drogichinsky districts. Value of migrations consists, first of all, in an exchange of genetic information between the populations living in various parts of an area. In this case it is about populations of the extreme southwest of Belarus, the North of the Volynsk area of Ukraine and Belovezhskaya.

During studying of a teriofauna two species of the mammals included in the Red List of the Republic of Belarus were found: hazel dormouse, badger. In total in the considered territory dwelling of 116 bird species from 16 groups is established, 17 of them are included in the third edition of the Red List of Belarus. It: the big bittern, a black stork, zmeeyad a sea eagle-belokhvost, big podorlik, small podorlik, field lun, a cheglok, a korostel, a gray crane, big ulit, the big curlew, an eagle owl, a green woodpecker, a belospinny woodpecker, a restless kamyshyovka.

Thus, the territory of the wildlife area is of great importance for preservation of habitats of rare species of birds. Here three bird species which globally are under the threat of destruction – big podorlik, a restless kamyshyovka, a korostel live. Local population of a black grouse the largest in the extreme southwest of Belarus. 58 bird species have various European Security Status. Most the territory is important for preservation of the following types: A black stork (Ciconia ciconia) – 8-10 couples; Field lun (Circus cyaneus) – 5 couples; Big podorlik (Aquila clanga) - 1-2; The Grey crane (Grus grus) - 10-15 Filin (Bubo bubo) - 2-3 Restless millerbird (Acrocephalus paludicola) - 10-20 males

Suvorov oak - a nature sanctuary of republican value since 1968. The oak near the village of Divin (Kobrin district) age about 450 years, height is 31 meter, diameter is 1,5 meters. According to the national legend, during a campaign in September, 1794 under this tree the Russian commander A. V. Suvorov had a rest.


Population makes 6334 persons. Data on number of farms and population for January 17, 2013.

Name of the rural settlement Number of farms Number of constantly living more young than able-bodied able-bodied Is more senior than able-bodied



















Huth. Shouting
































In the territory of village council four agricultural enterprises are located: APO Kutuzovsky, APO Lyuban, JSC Dnepro-Bugskoye, APO Druzhba narodov; shop of processing of wood and the Divinsky forest area of Kobrin skilled forestry, ChUP "Divinsky Bakery" with a retail network and bakery, 18 outlets of individual entrepreneurs; LLC Langkhaynrikh Konfektsion Bel; site KUMPP ZHKH "Kobrinskoye of housing and communal services"; site of "Kobrinrayvodokanal"; site of Kobrin power supply networks; veterinary clinic.

The vegetable-drying plant was open in 1954 and was used to make various soft drinks and to dry up onions and carrots. This plant makes 450 liters of soft drinks day. In 1962 the bakery was open. Let out 25 different types of white and gray loaf.

Transport and social infrastructure

Front view of transport is automobile. From Kobrin on villages the vehicle fleet No. 16 of Mr. Kobrin transports ". Routes: Kobrin-Zamostye, Kobrin-Povit, Kobrin-Borisovka, Kobrin-Perelesye. The nearest railway stations are in the city Kobrin and the village of Tevli.

In 1959 the shelter was open. There are about 150 children whose parents died or were deprived of the parental rights. There are very good conditions for children to live, study, leave and develop their preferences and abilities. They have a big school hall, the big gym, playgrounds, a workshop and library. About 50 teachers, the doctor and 5 medical nurses caring for children. The shelter is headed by the principal Vera Pikula. The shelter has strong communications with the different countries: Italy, England, Denmark, USA, Holland, Switzerland.

In Recreation center there is a large library with many interesting books of the Russian, Belarusian and foreign authors and poets. In Divin there are 2 more libraries: one on Komsomolskaya Street, another on Soviet. There are also libraries at school and in a shelter. The children's school of arts is located in the same building where children learn to play various musical instruments, such as a violin, an accordion, a piano, a bayan and where children also learn to dance. Opposite to club there are a cafe and several state and private shops.

Historical and cultural monuments

In the territory of the Village Council there is a temple - Is sacred - Church of the Intercession. Arrival is made by four villages: Wasp, Borisovka, Kletishche and Perelesye. The temple is built of a brick, in 1990 the religious community was registered, and on October 13, 1992 – is consecrated. The father Mikhail (Zaruba Mikhail Ivanovich) became the prior of the temple. He made the first service in the temple on November 21, 1992.

1959 - 1960 became the beginning of open oppressions of believers. And in 1960 the church was closed and began to be used under a collective-farm warehouse. All church utensils were transported in Divin. In 1967 the church was burned, and in 1992 – the modern current temple called Sacred Church of the Intercession is lit. In the temple there are ancient icons: Nicholas The Wonderworker's icon, Icon of "Cover of the Mother of God", Icon "Last Supper".

Parishioners of the temple, including school students are engaged in improvement of the church yard, cleaning of the adjacent territory. The main task us as younger generation to keep this temple as a shrine for future generations. In Divin it is located tserkov St. Paraskev Friday. From other pollesky wooden churches "hatnogo" of type it is distinguished with a two-tower facade. Perhaps, even initially it was uniatsky. It was is constructed in 1740 and was is restored in the 19th century. About church there is a wooden belltower constructed in the second half of the 19th century. There is a legend that the Polish queen the great princess of Lithuania Anna traveled through Divin with her daughter Praskovitsey. Her daughter got sick also Anna, promised to construct church if her daughter vyzdorovit.

A native of the village of Lelikovo is the large Novosibirsk businessman, the head of the Belarusian cultural and educational center for the sake of Saint Euphrosyne of Polatsk in Novosibirsk, the patron Ivan Panasyuk. In 2007 on its private means in the village the tennis court was constructed. The main condition of the patron was the fact that use of court has to be free. Even in the absence of the stock the player will be given rackets and balls. The payment and for use of locker rooms and the automobile parking is not raised. Besides, on August 28, 2003 on money of the businessman celebration of the 460 anniversary of the village with participation of musical collective "Pesniary" was organized. The Bishop of Brest and Kobrin Ioann took part in celebration.

In the village of Borisovka the monument to the civilians of the village who tragicly died from hands of fascists on September 23, 1942 "The grieving mother" is built, 206 residents of the village are based here. In the center of the village of Borisovka the obelisk to "The victims of fascism" is constructed, in the district of the village of Perelesye there are 6 graves where civilians of our villages are shot.

So, on September 23, 1942 the 3rd battalion 15 of a police regiment destroys the villages of Borka, Zabolotye and Borisovka located in the area to the northeast from of Mokrana, poisoned with a gangster infection. Next day, on September 24, 1942, the village all was burned.

Contact information

Chairman: +375 (1642) 68-1-35
Accounts department: +375 (1642) 6-82-09
Secretary: +375 (1642) 6-81-36

Postal index: 225876

Arrangement on the card