The center of the Village Council – the village of Gorodets – is located in 22 km from Kobrin and in 68 km from Brest. The territory of the Village Council makes 222 km ². 3756 inhabitants live in 32 settlements as of June 12, 2013, 1702 personal economy are located.
Gorodetsky village council is located in east part of Kobrin district, along border with Drogichinsky district. Across the territory of the Village Council the Royal channel which Mukhovets and the Dnieper and Bugsky channel connects the river proceeds.
The first mention of Gorodtsa meets in 1142 when interintestine war knyazhich in these parts are described. In 1286 the prince of Volhynia Vladimir Vasilkovich bequeathed to the wife Olga Romanovna together with Kobrin and the village of Gorodets. Later Gorodets took over Kobrin princes, and at the beginning of the XVI century was a part of royal "table possession". In 1563 Gorodets is mentioned as the city and in 1566 is a part of the Brest voivodeship of Grand Duchy of Lithuania. For this time in the city there was a market, 5 called streets (Kobrin, Prishikhotsky, Pinskaya, Grushevskaya and Tserkovnaya Street). In the city there was an Ilyinsky church owning 2 grounds. For that time Gorodets contained 193 yards. There were 2 mills and the protection. Also there were a bakery, 5 pothouses, shop of honey. The income from Gorodetsky of the yard for that time made 275 rubles 11 kopeks. In 1589 Mr. Gorodets acquired the Magdebourg right, but it was still subordinated to Kobrin magistrate. Despite it had own press of the burgomaster. On audit of 1618 in Gorodtsa there were 222 yards. In 1633 the operating church is mentioned in Gorodtsa.
After 1757 Gorodets was the center of the town for such villages as Osmolovichi, Corners, Grushevo, the Stone Royal, Hudlin and Chelishchevichi. In 1784 Gorodets visited the last Polish king Stanislav Augustus when he passed on the Grodno diet. During this visit the king examined the channel and floated on it. In honor of this event the commemorative medal was let out, and the present name - Royal was assigned to the channel.
After 1795 (the third section of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth) Gorodets was a part of the Kobrin County, Grodno province. In August, 1820 locals refused to give a quitrent because of what in Gorodets profits military, for adjustment of an order in number of 50 people. In 1860 the place contained 149 yards, on the Royal channel there was a pier and till 1866 the Catholic diocese worked. According to reports of 1878 in Gorodtsa there were 1264 inhabitants, there was a post station. To the village the wooden church which remained still was transported from Kamen-Shlyakhetsky. In 1865 in Gorodtsa the national school is opened. In 1886 on census in Gorodtsa 74 yards, 1331 inhabitant, were two churches, 2 synagogues, school, 4 shops, 2 operating windmills, tavern.
Already in 1897 Mr. Gorodets considerably increased. Through it there passed the Polesia railroad. By this time in the village there were 279 yards, 1691 inhabitants, and there were 2 churches, there was a House of a prayer of Protestants, a synagogue, national school in which 82 boys and 20 girls studied, there were already 4 windmills, mail, a bakery shop, 14 small shops, 4 smithies, brick-works, 3 public houses. Local fairs were very often held, and on the Royal channel constructed a dam.
By 1905 in Gorodtsa there were 2949 inhabitants, and in the estate which arose by this time near Gorodts there lived 22 persons. In 1915 Gorodets occupied kayzerovsky troops which occupation in 1919 was replaced by the Polish troops. In 1921 the village became one of the centers of the Kobrin povet, the Polesia voivodeship of Poland. By this time in Gorodtsa there were 99 yards and 688 inhabitants, the railway station remained. In 10 years, in 1931, Gorodetskaya of the district contained 58 villages with 9500 inhabitants.
In 1932 in the village the fire depot was constructed, there was a library in which there were 611 books and 82 readers were registered, the People's house with a scene and the auditorium was also at that time constructed. In 1939 was a part of BSSR, and since January 15, 1940 is a part of Antopolsky district, the Brest region, in October of the same year became the center of village council. In 1940 the town contained 305 yards, 1153 inhabitants, there were already 2 steam mills, incomplete Russian school, a first-aid post, library. 34 villages in which there were 578 yards and 2 410 inhabitants were Gorodetsky's part of the Village Council. During war from June, 1941 to July, 1944 it was occupied by Germans. At release of the village from fascist aggressors.
In August, 1959 Gorodetsky the Village Council was Kobrin's part rayona.21 January, 1961 Grushevsky the village council was Gorodetsky's part of village council. On census of 1970 in the village of Gorodtsa of Kobrin district there were 1356 inhabitants. In 1999 in the village 574 yards, 1461 inhabitants.
Till 2004 the village was the center of collective farm combine of Dzerzhinsky renamed into JSC Gorodets-Agro, also collective farm "October" which was a part of the Village Council was renamed into APO Korolevsky. In 2011. JSC Oniskovichi was attached to JSC Gorodets-Agro. The Oniskovichsky village council was abolished by the decision of the Brest regional executive committee of May 11, 2012 and its territory was Gorodetsky's part of village council.
Gorodetsky's territory of the Village Council is in southwest part of Polesia Lowland and is characterized by a flat gently rolling relief. Slight increases alternate with the lowered sites. A variety flat character of a surface is brought by sandy hills and ridges. Considerable sandy ridges are located to the west of Mefedovichi and near. Small Rudets, smaller ridges are in limits and the neighborhood of the villages of Gorodets and Hudlin. The territory of the Village Council belongs to three geomorphological areas: the western part (to the west of of Lipovo) - to the Brest water and glacial plain, central and northern (to the north of Lipovo's line – Mefedovichi – Borodichi) – to regional water and glacial educations and the water and glacial plain Zagorodya, southern – the Upper Pripyat lake and alluvial plain. The western part of the Village Council the most equal, small mineral hillocks occasionally meet prevysheniye of 2-5 m only. the northern and central part represents the flat and wavy plain having a small bias in the southwest direction.
Absolute heights fluctuate ranging from 150 to 140 m near of Podzemenye to the South, to the West and the North from it there is an extensive valley filled with organic deposits (low-lying peat bogs) of considerable power with exclusively equal relief (149 m). The southern part of the Village Council represents the strip farming of rather narrow hollows, the small raised platoobrazny sites and separate hillocks which is sharply differentiated on relative height. Characteristic of a relief – existence of the zatorfovanny lozhbinny decreases with ozerovidny expansions creating a mosaic picture of a relief. Absolute heights - 145 - 146 m Mikrorelyef is presented to the territory by small hillocks, zapadina and saucers.
Gorodetsky's territory of the Village Council is located in the western district of the southern warm, unstably damp area lasting bezmorozny period 252-254 days, vegetative – 201-202 days, with a temperature over 10 ºС – 156 days. Average temperature of January – from-4,7 to-5,4 ºС, temperature of July - from +18,0 to +18,5 ºС., an annual amount of precipitation – 541 mm. Duration of the bezmorozny period makes 154-155 days. The absolute minimum of air temperature is equal - 36-38 ºС., duration of steady snow cover makes 59 - 61 day. Climatic conditions are favorable for cultivation of all crops zoned in Belarus.
The river network of Gorodetsky of the Village Council belongs to the basin of the Western Bug. On all rivers the water protection zones and coastal strips are established. The hydraulic network is presented by artificial educations - Dnieper and Bugsky, Royal and Orekhovsky channels. The first crosses the Village Council earth, proceeding from the southeast on the northwest, the second and third form a meridional axis, proceeding from the South, the southeast on the North, the northwest. All three channels vzaimoperesekatsya with each other in 1 km to the west of. Benefit. The dense hydraulic network is formed by meliorative channels, the largest of which are the Shemetovsky ditch and the Demidovsky channel, and also, the rivers with the changed courses also Mlynok Sat down.
The main pochvoobrazuyushchy breeds - friable sandy sandy loams and coherent sand. In northern and central parts sand and water and glacial loams, are considerably widespread in southwest - cespitose and podsolic boggy, in east - cespitose boggy, in the southern part peat and marsh soils prevail. The soil cover of an arable land is presented by generally cespitose and podsolic and cespitose and boggy soils. In the territory of the Village Council the wind erosion to which soils of easy mechanical structure are subject gained distribution. The total area of the arable lands subject to a weak wind erosion makes more than 300 hectares, average – more than 90 hectares. Besides more than 700 hectares of an erozionnoopasny arable land to which the drained peat and marsh, cespitose and gley and sandy soils located on the raised relief elements belong are revealed. Considerably peat and marsh soils as at long cultivation of propashny cultures they are exposed to the deflation conducting to exhaustion of the peat horizon and decrease in fertility suffer.
The natural vegetation is presented by the woods, bushes, water separate meadows and bogs. The wood busy about 2000 hectares. On friable sand the pine woods, and bogs – alder, on soils of temporary excess moistening – birch prevail, the share of the broad-leaved woods is excessively small. Vegetable formations of coniferous forests are widespread: the pine forest is bulavonostsevy, a pine forest heather, a pine forest bilberry zelenomoshny. The juniper, a mountain ash, an oak are a part of their underbrush generally. The birch woods have rather small distribution. It is few pure birch forests therefore together with a birch the pine, an aspen, a black alder meet, and in an underbrush – a guelder-rose, a filbert, a mountain ash. The Chernoolkhovy woods lugovikovo-ferny are widespread in northeast part of the Village Council, and chernoolkhovo-sedge grow in the basic on peat and marsh soils and prevail in the southern part.
Among shrubby vegetation osier-beds sedge on peat and marsh soils are widespread, junipers vereskovo-belousovy are slightly presented. Water separate meadows are presented by sukhodolny, low-lying and marsh meadows. The main massifs of bogs are located to the south of. Big Rudets, Podzemenye, Borodichi, Gorodets on peat and marsh soils. In the southern part of the Village Council the main marsh vegetation: the pushitsa is broad-leaved, a sedge black, a moss gipnovy, in other territories sedge prevail. Low-lying bogs in considerable territories are drained and transformed to the farmland. Riding bogs are dated for the closed zapadina and the space occupied by them is small.
In the territory of Gorodetsky of the Village Council the following species of plants included in the Red List of Republic of Belarus grow: a lady's slipper and a kupalnitsa European (the microwildlife area in the vicinity of Oniskovichi and Melenkovo), a censer Sarmatian (of Grushevo), kasatik Siberian, a shpazhnik cherepitchaty (to the east from Hudlin), a water-lily white is created (The royal channel about Gorodets and Mefedovichi), a salviniya floating (on Dnieper and Bugsky and Royal channels and in not drained bogs near Gorodets considerably extended.
Here many representatives of fauna meet. Among them: a hare hare, an elk, a boar, a badger, a squirrel, a beaver (considerably bred along the Royal channel and on meliorative ditches), a muskrat, a swan-shipun, a duck dive, black grouses, hazel grouses (Nigl's natural boundary near Borodichi), the birds included in the Red List live: a stork black, a crane gray, it is often possible to meet a gray and white heron, on a bog the Fir-tree near Kustovichi is found a restless millerbird, the wildlife area of local value is created here.
Total number of the population of the Village Council for 01.01.2013. Made 3806 people, including on age: more young able-bodied 583 persons (15,3%), able-bodied – 2067 people (54,3%), are more senior able-bodied – 1156 people (40,6%). In the territory of Gorodetsky of the Village Council there are 31 rural settlements. 7 villages with population more than 100 people are allocated: Gorodets – 1402 persons (36,8%). October – 551 persons (14,4%), of Grushevo – 394 persons (10,3%). A stone – 259 people (6,8%), Kustovichi – 247 people (6,5%), Oniskovichi – 191 persons (5%), Mefedovichi – 107 people (2,8%). Thus, 72,6% of all population live in the called settlements. At the same time three settlements – Kind, Lipniki and Odrinka - any more have no resident population, and in eight villages – Velichkovichi, Benefit, Bugs, Zaleski, Zabolotye, Netreba, Sovpli, Shuri - lives from 1 to 10 persons. The demographic situation in 2010 counting on 1000 people a year developed as follows: birth rate – 7,5 ‰ (27 people), mortality – 20,8 ‰ (75 people), a natural increase –-13,3 ‰ (-48 people), the migratory gain in 6 months 2013 made +5 people. Average population density made 17 people on km ². In national structure Belarusians prevail, the share of Ukrainians, Russians, Roma, Tatars is insignificant. The religious structure of the population is presented by three faiths: orthodox – 93%, Catholics – 1%; Protestants (EHB) of-2%. According to 2004. The total of the inhabitants living in the territory of the Village Council made 3865 people of whom occupied in agriculture made 1018 people (28,5%) occupied in the industry – 208 people (5,4%) occupied in the social sphere – 354 persons (9,1%).
The area of the farmland of the Village Council – 15050 hectares, including arable lands – 6393 hectares, haymakings and pastures – 4892 hectares. Two agricultural enterprises work at its territory: JSC Gorodets-Agro (the number of members of economy – 1425 people, from them able-bodied – 407) and APO Korolevsky (the number of members of economy – 405 people, from them able-bodied – 145). JSC Gorodets-Agro is created on May 16, 2003. The total land area – 16579 hectares, the area of the farmland – 12311 hectares, arable lands – 6098 hectares. Point of the farmland – 28,1, arable lands – 29,5.
"Gorodets-Agro" is engaged in cultivation grain (wheat, rye) and leguminous cultures, oil-bearing crops (colza) and their seeds, cultivation of sugar beet and seeds, cultivation of cattle. The organization actively develops the meat-and-milk direction. Structure of economy: five production sites in plant growing, a complex on growing and sagination of cattle on 6060 heads, a dairy and commodity complex on 1000 heads and ten farms where 10220 heads contain. APO Korolevsky is engaged in cultivation grain (wheat, rye), production of sugar beet, a lnovodstvo, in animal husbandry – production of milk and meat.
Successfully 6 farms work, being engaged in cultivation grain, potatoes, vegetables and gardening. Within the Village Council two industrial enterprises work: JSC Grushevsky remontno-mekhanichesky zavod and JSC Gorodetsky konservny zavod. Now Grushevsky RMZ one of the few plants in the CIS making production for needs of melioration. The enterprise is the only developer and the holder of specifications and the producer of production in the republic for meliorative branch: locks and elevators for hydromeliorative constructions which hold water. Grushevsky of RMZ made the contribution to reconstruction of several Belarusian mini-hydroelectric power stations, in equipment of the August channel, rowing channel in Zaslavle, and also in reconstruction of mini-hydroelectric power station in Baltic. Here too are engaged in production of a construction metalwork and details from a tree, combined designs, joiner's products (windows, doors, a board for a floor). The woodworking occupies about 25 percent from outputs.
The rest — mechanoprocessing and welding production (coppers, gas flues, flues, tanks, disconnectors and pipes for boiler rooms, water towers, etc.). At the enterprise 96 people work.
Across Gorodetsky's territory of the Village Council there pass the Friendship oil pipeline, the gas pipeline, one line of the Belarusian railroad - the Polesia highway. From the West on the East there passes through Gorodets (railway station Gorodets serves passenger and the diesel of the train in Brest and Pinsk the directions).
Through Gorodets there pass highways: Brest – Pinsk, Brest – Gomel (M10), in northern part there passes the automobile Brest highway – Minsk (M1/E30). Passengers motor suburban transport transports to about five routes. On the Dnieper and Bugsky channel navigation is carried out.
In Gorodetsky the Village Council also the social sphere develops. Among establishments there are formations of children's gardens high schools – 2, high schools – 1, basic – 1, kindergartens-1, among cultural institutions 2 rural Recreation centers, 4 clubs, 6 libraries work. In Gorodets works local hospital, out-patient clinic, a drugstore, 4 health posts supplement their work.
On all Village Council 3 catering establishments are placed 8 establishments of trade. 2 complex places of acceptance, CLUMPS on rendering services to the population, 5 baths. In villages: Gorodets, October, Borodichi and the Stone orthodox churches work, in Gorodtsa - the EHB Protestant church also prepares construction of Catholic church. At rural executive committee 11 public organizations and formations work. Along with the enterprises of the state form of ownership also private business develops. So in Gorodets works private shop of Our Sources group of companies, the sewing studio opened.
In the Village Council a lot of work on implementation of social standards is conducted, construction of new housing is conducted. Improvement issues in the territory of settlements, gasification and water supply of the agro towns of Gorodets and Grushevo are resolved.
In the territory of the Village Council there are a lot of historical and cultural monuments. In. October works the Sacred Church of the Intercession constructed in 1937 – an architecture monument.
In Gorodets – Sacred Church of the Ascension – a monument of architecture of the 18th century.
It is a lot of monuments of times of the Great Patriotic War. Here 20 soldiers of the 12th Guards shooting division of the 61st army who died in July, 1944 at release of the village from fascist aggressors are buried. For perpetuating of memory of the died soldiers and 78 fellow countrymen who died during the Great Patriotic War in 1958 the monument – a sculpture of the Soviet soldier is put. Among the died soldiers three were sappers and died at neutralization of the German mines: private Perepelitsa Pyotr Andreevich, sergeant Simko F.K., lieutenant Ilyushin Nikolay Petrovich.
In 1974 in Hudlin, on the place of the parental house, was established a monument to the commander of guerrilla group Shish N. T.
The village the Eagle on the bank of the Dnieper and Bugsky channel was important for guerrillas during the Great Patriotic War. On December 22, 1943 fascists burned 12 yards and shot 27 residents of the village.
In 1958 on a grave of soldiers the monument which is also built in memory of 78 fellow countrymen soldiers who died during war of 1941-45 is established.
Besides in 1967. In of Grushevo the monument to the died soldiers liberators and the died fellow countrymen was established. Monuments to the dead are established in villages: Demidovshchina (1966), the Stone (1965), Kustovichi (1986), Podzemenye (1985), Benefit, Cudgels (a monument to the died soldier V.A. Boldyrev).
Chairman: +375 (1642) 6-73-35
Secretary: +375 (1642) 6-74-35
Post office: +375 (1642) 6-73-31
School: +375 (1642) 5-62-38
The postal index - 225883