More modest both across the territory, and on the population of a ghetto of "B" occupied the western part of a right bank of the city. Served as its borders: the western part of Liberty Square to the bridge, the right sides of the Soviet and Sports streets. Unlike the main ghetto, here borders had more symbolical character, even the protection was absent. To observers big vulnerability of an auxiliary ghetto which obviously intended for short-term existence was evident. Resettlement of large human masses was made in extremely short time causing huge additional difficulties. From the streets allocated under a ghetto all non Jews also immediately were moved. The dwellings left by Jews mainly in the central part of the city were provided for them at choice.
Present location of a ghetto of "B"
The ghetto was operated by own administrative self-governed body – yudenraty which was placed in the house of the former Jewish hospital on Pervomayskaya Street (the house remained – nowadays a house No. 32).
Former building of Yudenrat
The large merchant wholesaler Angelovich was at the head of a yudenrat. Besides various other services, at the disposal of a yudenrat there was the police armed with rubber bludgeons which were quite often applied against the population ward. All communication of the population with the German administration was conducted through yudenrat. Directed to works out of limits of a ghetto marched a system under escort of own police officers who were responsible for them. Circulation on sidewalks was forbidden Jews. Each Jew was obliged to carry sewed on shoulders, published the evident yellow circle called by Germans "шандесфлек" - a shameful spot. Needless to say, any communication in a ghetto of non Jews and furthermore rendering any help to them was cruelly pursued. The order of the district commissioner in Kobrin Pantsera of October 15, 1941 No. 41 said:
§1. The Jewish nationality in the territory of a general commissariat "Brest" has to carry instead of signs with David's star – on all clothes a sign in the form of a yellow circle in the diameter of 8 centimeters. This sign has to be sewed on the left side of a breast and, besides, on the middle of a back.
§2. The sign has to be made of matter or dense paper.
§3. Resistance to this order will be punished by a fine of 1 thousand rubles.
On April 22, 1942 gebitskomissary Pantser introduced new restrictions for Jews: according to the order No. 41 since April 10, 1942: "Kikes are forbidden to walk the streets out of a ghetto. If use of kikes is necessary at works, forces to drive them on streets, then they have to go the shortest road from a ghetto to the place of work. Jewish councils are responsible for execution of this order.
In case of sharp requirement kikes can be used from a ghetto. The letter of inquiry needs to be submitted through the chief of the area. Permission can be given in advance, for example, to Jewish council, or in single cases – for performance of a certain work.
Disobedience to this order will be punished by a fine, arrest or one of these measures". In such conditions there passed the severe winter of 1941-1942 and a half of summer of 1942 when there was a destruction of a ghetto of "B".
Work materials "Genocide of the Jewish people in Kobrin district" are partially used
Authors: Kupranovich A., Kokina S. F., Kaplan Yu. V.